23 Jun 2010

The Anand Pattern

This would be the longest stretch when I stayed away blog, since I started blogging, but it's like that, and that's the way it is. First I was stranded, disconnected at a village for the induction program, for a while, which now seems like pretty comfortable setting.. sigh. Then, once I touched base at IRMA, things got hectic, and I didn't have a internet connectivity for a while. Now that things have more or less settled, it's about time I resume blogging. It was always my dream to blog from my hostel room of something called as a leading Rural management institute in western India, a rural(not poor) cousin of leading B school in western India.

First things first, IRMA and the neighbourhood, looks totally amazing from air, waiting for some rains to make the green look greener. From my train, I could not gawk at the so called b'ful and developed villages of Gujarat(now everything in my life revolves around village), ! Then we hit the ground (pun intended). Let's just say, for someone new to the city, it's not very tough to not like the city, its an ideal kind of city, one copy(store) of Big bazaar, fame cinemas, dominos, ccd, levi's store, reebok and few other brands, and of course a lot of Amul parlours, surely doodh ki nadiya behti jaaye. The area neighbouring IRMA, is very similar to campus, an agricultural university, NDDB campus, not so unimpressive to say the least. However, the campus is breathtaking with its lush greenery and mesmerising chimes .
My hostel room, I found is more comfortable than the room I had in engineering days. It's not bigger, but surely better planned and it has a balcony which opens to the patch of green behind my hostel. I haven't clicked snaps of the campus, but I intend to do that pretty soon. The city Anand, essentially the multiplex is not light years away from the campus but it requires a big hole in pocket to make it to there. Till now I've been there only once, and even then it was disappointing as we couldn't catch any chic! The movie buff in me is still very pleased to be here; the LAN is virtually full of movies! My new 250 GB external HDD might getting full to the brim, is looking like a possibility.

The academic load looks (un)manageable. I have eight courses, all of them (un)interesting. Exception being the Organisational Behaviour (IGB) course, which has interesting mix of Psychological studies in it, pretty impressive! Then there is rural Economic and polity and few others, which is also pretty tough to study. Midterms are still (just?) 3 weeks away and things are chill (as I say here).

I guess, I'll start with such banal posts; it should take time to get back the flow for blogging :-)

1 comment:

  1. This blog is totally different from ur previous blogs (more in terms of seriousness)....looks like u need some time to get back to your normal blogging mind :)

    ReplyDelete