10 May 2006

MAX VELLA AWARD

It's been like ten days since I have studied any textile material and am beginning to forget how dye structures look. Instead I am surfing net, watching movies all day, smsing, chatting on phone…… Studying for me will now, like, be asking manmohan singh to do the VJing for some music channel

During all these days of vellapan I have classified vellas in three categories:
Export quality vellas: all my software friends come into this category. These are the guys who don’t have a project right in their hands….but; at least they have got some work to do…. N contributing something to the country’s GDP/GNP/FOREX by EXPORTING software …. So export quality

Perfunctory vellas: These vellas don’t have much work to do, just doing a perfunctory training or a computer course to oblige their parents, but, definitely in a city where their gfs are export quality velli!!!!!!!

Seconds ke velle: this type of vellas are the one who literally have no work to do, their survival is worth questioning….they are like the ones who should be sent to flood affected areas after labeling them Discount Sale …seconds ka maal…… or for free

No price for guessing my category!!!!!!!!!!!

To overcome this boredom various methods were tried out this time,

CROSSROADS: went to crossword couple of times. It's a nice bright bookstore with a lot of books. Middle aged women in khadi kurtas sit around on low stools and pore over books discussing ways to rekindle the fire in married lives. Little kids noisily run around book racks and their mothers threaten to burn their toys if they don't shut up. Young girls are around the fiction racks, so am I, sometimes, with my self acclaimed x ray eyes!!!! I think most people found in a bookstore are fat. Maybe it's because they spend a lot of time sitting and reading books on weight reduction. I didn’t pick up any.

FOOD COURT: to eat something .PIECE OF ADVICE. Never trust anyone, especially those neatly dressed and English isspeaking waiters who will abet you to have most costly item and unsavory too. So, just do not. And you can't do a thing because they have already bought the crabshit. It is a hard world. And then you realise you it is harder. After every food court visit irealise that road side pav bhaji was a much better option. I wanted to empty the ketchup sachet in their nose. But a cute guy can't just fill someone's nostrils with ketchup and not be beaten thereafter. I controlled my anger, many times…..or every time.

APPAREL stores: got out and went to a lot of stores and kept checking out the price tags of all the stuff there. Then I used to make a peculiar whooshing sound with his breath every time I did that, it translated into 'why don’t I have a rich dad who is into smuggling?’. I did not have to buy anything. So I tried on all the caps and went around looking for something which had the price of a matchbox. People don't have the right marketing guys. It is a blunder to have that dark guy at the billing counter. I felt a strange creepy chill the way he smiled at me.
BLOGS: one great thing which I have done all these days is blogging and realized there’s nothing like blogging to flog your boredom and read and write how stupid acts can be converted into one of the most wonderful and readable and laudable thing. I have never interacted with all the blog writers and know them as much as Saddam Hussein knows my house keeper. I visit blog regularly, but I suffer from the "khao piyo khisko" syndrome. I read blogs, and enjoy reading them and then think "Yaar comment likhne se kaunsa India ko FIFA cup mein chance mil jayega".

Its undeniably sardonic for a guy who would be in the most talked about sector of Indian economy and go on to be CEO or president or Managing Directors of company as big as big whales is so free that he has all this time to write this stuff…but this can be termed as the silence before storm.

In a day or two I will be back to college and studying hard to pass through all six gas chambers in which I will be pushed every second day. I firmly believe that since gas chambers are very costly and rare commodities these days, the universities have evolved these semester exams, but should not the students of last semester be bye passed from this harsh punishment.

2 comments:

  1. sachi yaar yeh export quality vella hona bhi alag hi hai..... sach main kai baar aise show karte hain as if noone is busier than me but to tell u the truth most of the time is spent either in cafe or on net


    kabhi bhi log on and u'll c the yellow face smiling on ma yahoo id n a green lattu chassing(i know u'll get it)on gmail..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
    »

    ReplyDelete